We have ear infections at our house , again.5 out of 6 little Tokarz ears are yucky. We have been so very fortunate that in 3 years, we had no ear infections. And now in the last month all kids have had them. Which is so amazing to me, because as a child I had chronic ear infections. The other amazing thing is I initially had no clue that anyone had ear issues, other than Shelby's new habit of saying " Whatcha you say?". I guess that's just the way it happens with some kids.
Anyways, Shelby and Knox got better for a brief period and then in the last 48 hours everyone started showing signs again. Jerzy became a real crank, which is totally out of her nature, even when she's been sick before , she would keep a happy attitude. But not this week....and now I know why, she has a double ear infection. Shelby does too. Knox only has a single ear infection-- but he's also teething. Thankfully he stays fairly content, smiling that toothy grin.
So it was back to the doctor's office today.We're trying another antibiotic. Unfortunately, this one doesn't taste too great. Knox took his fine so far. But the girls put up a bit of a fight. And just when I thought things couldn't get any worse....Shelby's weak gag reflex decided to rear it's ugly head and BLECCCHH...she barfed all over the kitchen floor after taking her medicine. Oh well....she didn't cry, she just plopped herself down and continued to puke, until she was finished. Then she stripped off her clothes and stood there calmly while I cleaned up. Never a dull moment around here.... : )
1 comment:
So sorry to hear this! Yuck! Kyle has been fortunate to have had only about three ear infections and this last one a few weeks ago was silent--i only suspected because of what i believed was a sinus infection and knew that it probably had gone to the ear next--sure enough. Love that pink medicine. He was diagnosed a few months ago with multiple environmental allergies after three trips to the ER over one year, and he now has daily breathing treatments on a nebulizer along with antihistamines and nasal spray. But he's finally healthy for the first time in two years. He had always had a runny nose--we're glad we've got this under control now. He's allergic to cat and dog and he lived with a cat for two years--who knew? We now know that David and I are both allergic too since we react around cats now. Crazy, huh?
Post a Comment